National Education And Welfare Society
A social service organization
• Pay special attention to the needs and aspirations of the socially and economically marginalized, Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and other weaker segments of society, physically and mentally handicapped persons, orphans and destitute with due focus on women and children.
• Organize poor rural, tribal and urban under-privileged women into groups and set up Self-Help Groups for their socio-economic development and empowerment.
• Improve the Health & Nutritional status of women and children by conducting awareness and service programmes in the areas of health, hygiene, HIV/AIDS control & prevention, nutrition, small family norms, sanitation, etc.
• Evolve programmes for education at primary levels and Non-formal Education for school dropouts, out of school children, working children, adolescent girls and adults.
• Eliminate Child Labour and Rehabilitate the affected children.
• Provide Vocational Training to increase employment opportunities for the youth, adolescent girls and women and promote Income Generating Programmes (IGP).
• Create Environmental Awareness and undertake environment improvement activities like agro-forestry, agro-horticulture, soil and water conservation, sustainable agriculture development, tank desiltation, watershed management, etc.
• Work for the development of highly neglected Tribal Community and evolve programmes for their socio-economic up-liftment.
• Evolve methods to reach large number of people with disabilities to ensure equal opportunities, equity and social justice for the disabled community and the aged.
• Build linkages between people’s institutions, Government and other NGOs.